The Hospice and Palliative Nurses Foundation promotes hospice and palliative nursing at the local level through Chapter Education Grants. Each year HPNF awards up to six (6) grants to HPNA Chartered Chapters. The purpose of the grants is to benefit chapter members through education and expand chapter membership. Grants are typically $500. The grants are competitive and winners are selected from the applicant pool by the Chapter Education Grant Review Committee consisting of HPNF Board members and HPNA members.
To be eligible for the grants, chapters must:
· Be chartered and in good standing
· Propose a chapter project that benefits the entire chapter through educational projects and/or expansion of membership
· Receive no more than 2 grants during any five-year period
· Submit a completed Chapter Education Grant Application including the required project:
· Computer generated typewritten project, maximum one-page, single- spaced, 12 point font; and describe:
o Quantifiable goal
o How the project will be evaluated
o How the project is expected to benefit members of the entire
o How the project is expected to expand membership within your
· Submit all materials so they are received by HPNF on or before June 1
· HPNF Chapter Education Grant Review Committee takes into account applicant's adherence to submission guidelines, completeness of applications, and quality of responses when reviewing applications of the applicant pool
· Deadline is strictly enforced
· Submit a complete Chapter Education Grant Application and all required attachments to HPNF by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 412-787-9305 on or before June 1.