Donors are advised to seek advice from their personal financial advisors and counsel regarding taxes, all aspects of their gifts and terms being considered. The Foundation reserves the right to decline contributions from persons or groups that are in conflict with the mission of the Foundation or its sister organizations.
· Donor privacy is assured through a secured database. Mailing lists will not be made available outside of the organization.
· All gifts will be acknowledged by the National Office within 7 working days of receipt, when possible. Records of acknowledgement will be retained for a period of three years.
· Donors are recognized in Annual Reports, in other publications as may be developed by the Foundation and via the HPNF website listing. Only donors’ names within the Foundation’s levels and special categories of giving will be listed.
· Requests for donor anonymity will be honored at all times.
· Acknowledgement of donated services or gifts in kind will not indicate the donor’s valuation. In-kind gifts will be recognized in Annual Reports. IRS form 8283 will be issued for all non-cash gifts valued by donors at more than $500.
· Gift Date: Dates assigned will reflect date of receipt in the National Office or at the site of any HPNF event.
Types of Gifts Accepted by HPNF
· Unrestricted for the General, Annual Fund
· Restricted (Donated for specific purposes)
· Deferred and Planned gifts
· HPNF will accept existing paid-up whole-life policies naming HPNF as the irrevocable owner or naming HPNF on any existing policy. Donors may name HPNF as the beneficiary on any existing policy.
· Gifts of Tangible Personal Property are handled on a case by case basis. Contact the Foundation for details.
· Gifts of Real Property (Real Estate) are not accepted by HPNF